A virtual call center is a simple and effective way to improve communication with customers of any business. Unlike traditional call centers that depend on physical locations, cables and telephone servers, virtual ones use VoIP technology to have an entire telephony platform in the cloud, which in addition to offering inbound and outbound call services, facilitate integration of different characteristics and the independence of physical locations.
Get more out of the remote work trend in your call center
In a world where remote work becomes a highly demanded and attractive alternative for employees, due to flexibility, stress reduction, time optimization and cost reduction associated with issues such as food and transportation. With this advantage, your call center teams can have a better attitude to serve your clients, and you can also focus their performance on meeting goals that you can easily measure with a virtual phone system.
Find more statistics at Statista
For your business, having a virtual call center supported by remote work offers great benefits such as:
- You can reduce costs associated with physical facilities such as leases, utilities, office supplies, and other costs associated with face-to-face employees.
- Ability to expand operations to other cities or countries more easily.
- Ease of hiring the right people for your work team regardless of their geographical location.
- A virtual telephony system reduces the costs of equipment, servers, cabling and even desktop phones, since by depending on the internet any device with internet access, be it a desktop computer, a smartphone or a tablet, can be used as a business phone.
Operational benefits of a virtual call center
A virtual call center, supported by cloud telephony, can enhance the marketing and sales processes of any company. The benefits for your business can be many, regardless of whether you are a business focused on outbound calls, such as a telemarketing company or debt collection; or a business based on inbound calls, such as delivery, customer service and support center, or real estate. These are some of the benefits for the operation of your business:
- You can hire agents from other geographical locations: This facilitates increasing your call center capacity when you need it, reducing the risks of not finding suitable personnel. In addition, if your business operates in different countries, by hiring people abroad you can extend the hours of attention of your call center, taking advantage of the different time zones to avoid having to pay overtime or require your work teams to work long job shifts.
- Consolidation of contacts with clients: Thanks to cloud phone systems, all your agents can operate on the same platform and as the same team, regardless of their geographical location or if they are working from home or from your offices. This unified communications facilitates client management, the measurement of the agents' efficiency, and thanks to CRM integrations and business applications, all call events can be automatically synchronized, saving valuable time for your agents who can dedicate it to providing better customer service.
- Reduction in costs and agent onboarding time: Your call center team will be able to use any device such as a business phone to make and receive calls from clients, which prevents you from buying special devices beyond perhaps a telephone headset. Additionally, the virtual phone platform, in addition to having a friendly and usability-oriented interface, has customer support, tutorials and documentation necessary for your agents to learn how to use it in a short time.
- Productivity improvements in customer service: The virtual phone system has features such as IVR or ring strategies that help improve the distribution of calls or automatic dialing and pre-recorded messages that will increase the speed at which your agents make sales calls .
- Flexibility increasing or reducing your call center’s capacity: Unlike traditional telephone exchanges where adding a new agent implied cabling processes, qualification of points and purchase of telephones and other devices, the virtual call center software allows you to add or remove agents at the time you require it in an easy and fast way, being able to attend high demand seasons in a timely manner and then reduce your team by improving the management of your costs.
- Reduction of internal tech support related to phone problems: As cloud phone systems are contracted as a service, when your agents have problems, they can easily access the service provider's support, available even from the same tool. This prevents your technology team from answering these calls and improving the experience of your users and optimizing the times of your technical team.
With Toky you can start your virtual call center in minutes, buy virtual phone numbers in more than 60 countries and start using features such as IVR, integrations with CRM, SMS and WhatsApp Business, all from the same platform. Learn more
Requirements of a virtual call center for your business
A virtual call center does not require physical locations or special telephones since it is supported by a cloud telephony software, which requires only appropriate access to the internet and that makes it easy for any computer, tablet or smartphone to be used as a business phone. It is therefore recommended that the telephony platform that your remote call center supports have the following characteristics:
- Ease to configure and use: It should be very easy to start using your cloud telephony solution. This implies not only that it is easy to configure, buy numbers and add agents, but also that they have tutorials and customer support to help your team start making and receiving calls as soon as possible.
- Virtual telephone numbers: You must have the facility to buy and integrate phone numbers from different countries and cities into your call center, whether they are landlines or toll-free numbers.
- Integrations with CRM or business applications: Having a virtual call center without a CRM in the cloud is quite complicated, as these solutions facilitate not only the centralized management of customers but also the registration of events; An integration between your virtual telephony platform and your CRM will help you record call events automatically or even make calls inside the solution.
- Call monitoring: Call monitoring allows you to listen to the ongoing calls of your agents to evaluate their service or even use the whisper option to speak to them while they are on the call, without the customer listening to you. This option is very useful for supporting agents in training or helping with complicated calls or important sales.
- Other channels in addition to voice calls: It can help your sales processes that your call center software offers other options to contact your customers such as text messages or WhatsApp Business, these options will allow you to send notifications to your customers to establish conversations that improve your customer service and end in a sale.
- Desktop or mobile calling applications: As mentioned above, a virtual telephony solution turns any device into a business phone, so the solution you choose should have options to work from home or office such as desktop applications or from your browser and applications for mobile devices to be able to serve customers from anywhere.
- Call recording: This functionality is important even in traditional brick and mortar call centers, but is more important in remote call centers where it is critical to be able to review the calls made by agents in case a customer makes a claim or is required to obtain information from a specific call.
- Reports and dashboards: It is important to have a way to control your call center regardless of whether your agents are in an office or working from home. It is important that the virtual telephony solution allows you to generate reports and indicators for your call center on calls made, messages sent, duration of calls, costs and others.
In general, a virtual call center is perhaps the best option for any business to start improving its customer service, not only because of costs, but also because of the flexibility and the ability to adapt its customer service model to the needs of the market. Additionally, remote work offers not only economic benefits but also in the quality of the service since those who work from home tend to feel better and have a better attitude, which can positively influence the attitude of your agents and therefore the quality of your service to the client.
Toky is an ideal tool to improve communication with your customers without complex installations and quickly. Start your business call center with Toky now. Try Toky for free!