WhatsApp Business is an app launched by WhatsApp in 2018 focused on small and medium businesses. Then in 2019 WhatsApp Business API saw the light as a solution that allows to expand the platform capabilities so that businesses could better use the power of this messaging app. Using integrations with authorized partners, activities that could not be done in the WhatsApp Business app could be carried out, such as allowing multiple people to answer simultaneous conversations with a single number and much more.
If you are still thinking about whether you should integrate WhatsApp Business into your communication channels with your customers, perhaps you should look at the following reasons supported by their corresponding statistics.
WhatsApp is the most used messaging application in the world with more than 2 billion active users per month, followed by Facebook Messenger, which has 1.3 billion users. Source
Find more statistics at Statista
Thanks to internet penetration and the increasingly and massive use of smartphones, WhatsApp is growing by around 500 million users every 2 years.Fuente
Find more statistics at Statista
- WhatsApp.com is in position 11 of the most visited pages in the world and web.whatsapp.com, which is the web version of WhatsApp, has more than 2000 million monthly visits. Source
- WhatsApp Business App reported that in 2018 it started with 5.25 million small and medium businesses and by the end of 2019 it already had 50 million active users per month. Source
- For WhatsApp Business API that ended 2019 with 992 users, it is projected that by 2024 this number will grow by 5,400%. Source
- More than 175 million people chat with WhatsApp Business accounts every day. Source
- In January 2021 alone, the WhatsApp Business app had 2 million downloads. Source
- When WhatsApp included the functionality of groups, it became an option to be used as a social network and in this regard it is the third most used in the world in a list headed by Facebook and followed by YouTube. Source
These data can show you the great potential that WhatsApp Business can have to improve communication with your customers. WhatsApp is a channel used for different objectives such as customer service, pre-sales processes and even for staff recruitment; You can also chat easily with clients in other countries if your business has international reach.
Among the benefits that your customers perceive of contacting your business on WhatsApp are:
- Personalized attention by being a direct conversation with an agent
- No time is wasted waiting on the phone to be answered.
- Information can be received in text, video, images or locations that can be consulted later.
- There is no dependence on working hours and responses can be received at the time required.
- It does not require downloading a specific business application in order to communicate.
- Communication is perceived as faster compared to an email or a phone call.
WhatsApp Business App or WhatsApp Business API
If your business is small and you expect only one person to attend to your conversations with customers, WhatsApp Business App is a good option. However, if your operation is a little larger and you want, for example, several people to attend your conversations, integrate your conversations with a CRM software or even handle different WhatsApp numbers, the best option is WhatsApp Business API, which you can use through a provider like Toky, where in addition to WhatsApp you can have excellent features to enhance the support and sales processes of your call center, integrate calls, SMS and WhatsApp with your CRM or business applications and much more. Toky will accompany you throughout the application, validation and activation process of your account with WhatsApp.
Toky will help you not only to improve the communication of your clients, but will also facilitate the management of your call center processes with reports, integrations and useful features for your teams of leaders and agents.. Try Toky for free!